SO happy to announce that I was nominated for the Beauty Blogger Award! Thank you Ryane Zamora Beauty for the nomination! You should check her out, her blog is awesome!
Here is how it works:
- State the name of the blogger who nominated you
- Make up 15 fashion or beauty questions for your nominees to answer
- Answer the 15 questions you were given
- Nominate 15 people for the award
- List 10 random facts about you
- The people you nominate have to have less than 200 followers
- Let the people you nominated know they were nominated
My Answers to Ryane Zamora Beauty’s Questions:
1) What are your plans for the rest of the day?
- Right now I am currently at work but tonight I hope to relax with a glass of wine and spend time with some friends 🙂
2) What is your all time favorite mascara?
- As I mentioned in my Every Day Staples post, my all time favorite mascara is Lash Domination by Bare Minerals. I got it in my Christmas stocking a few years ago and have not been able to live without it since! The brush is absolutely fantastic and it makes me look like I am wearing false eyelashes! This mascara is a definite 10 out of 10.
3) What is your favorite store to shop?
- My favorite store to shop in is Sephora (obviously). There is no better feeling than walking in to Sephora knowing you are about to try new makeup, or re-stock on the things that you ran out of! I would rather buy makeup than try on clothes any day – no need to worry about feeling body conscious!
4) What is your go-to foundation?
- I also mentioned this in my Every Day Staples post, my go-to foundation is Make Up Forever HD Foundation. I love the way it makes my face look smooth and natural. I also love how build-able it is especially now that it is summer. A light layer is the perfect amount for this hot sticky weather.
5) Are you excited about the new Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette?
- YES!! When do I not need new eye shadow?!
6) Have you ever met a celebrity?
- I met Michael J. Fox for like two seconds when I was visiting Martha’s Vineyard many years ago. He was very nice!!
7) High heels or flats?
- Definitely high heels. I am only five feet tall so I could always use a few extra inches. I have learned to deal with the pain!
8) What is your favorite accessory?
- I have two favorite accessories. My monogram necklace (bought here from Etsy) and my Michael Kors watch. Rose gold is my new favorite jewelry tone and I wear these two accessories almost every day.
9) Cross-body bag or clutch?
- Cross-body for sure. I never have to worry about losing my bag when I don’t even have to hold it!
10) High-waisted shorts or bermuda shorts?
- High-waisted! Since I am so short, bermudas take up more than half my leg and usually end up looking like too-short capris. Not a good look.
11) How do you normally style your hair?
- Usually I wear my hair straight because it is the easiest to do in the morning before work, but I also curl it with a wand some times to switch it up.
12) What is your favorite color to paint your toes?
- I love the color “Lucky Lucky Lavender” by OPI. It is the perfect summer color!
13) What is your favorite eyeshadow palette?
- My favorite eyeshadow palette is the Naked 3 by Urban Decay, but I recently bought the Jaclyn Hill Favorites palette by Morphe Brushes and I love that one too!
14) Fake nails or regular nails?
- I’m not a fan of the fake nails you can buy at drug stores, but I am an avid nail salon goer. I have been doing UV gel for about a year now and I love it! It goes right over my natural nails so I don’t have tips or anything; the UV gel makes my nails sturdier and nail polish never chips off! I definitely recommend it.
15) How often do you wear fake lashes?
- Surprisingly never! I have naturally long lashes, so mascara usually works fine for me. I am not opposed to trying fake lashes though! Maybe some time in the near future.
Ten Facts About Me:
1) When I was born, my name was actually Samantha for about 10 minutes. It was on my birth certificate and everything! My mom was having a really hard time deciding between Samantha and Marguerite, and ultimately chose Marguerite. I am so glad she did!
2) I am from the smallest state in the country, Rhode Island.
3) My town is home to the largest and oldest Fourth of July Parade in the country! The road divider (usually the two yellow lines) on the parade route that goes through the center of town is painted with red white and blue stripes year round. I had the honor of being in it two summers ago.
4) I want to be a lawyer.
5) I am a PROUD Kappa Delta Alum ❤
6) I don’t like hamburgers.
7) My favorite food is pasta.
8) My favorite colors are coral pink and mint green.
9) My family has four cats.
10) Everything that happens in my life is really funny. I really think I deserve a reality show!
15 Questions to My Nominees:
1) Name 3 makeup products you cannot live without.
2) What is your favorite lip color/product?
3) How long does it take to do your makeup every day?
4) What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own?
5) What are your favorite contouring products?
6) How do you feel about the recent buzz regarding “makeup shaming?”
7) What is the best makeup tip you have learned?
8) What is your favorite healthy snack?
9) What do people say is your best feature?
10) If you could learn to do your hair/makeup like any celebrity, who would you choose?
11) If you had the opportunity to have a personal makeup artist do your makeup every day, would you take it? Or do you enjoy doing it yourself?
12) What is your dream job?
13) Choose one: eyeliner or lip liner.
14) Why did you start your beauty blog?
15) How long have you been blogging?
Have Fun Friends!!